5.06.2010

Thank God the end is near

Life's been quite a whirlwind lately. Last week of school and internship for the semester; and crazy defines it pretty well. Last weekend I went to the Lake Wilson race with my pals. I had planned on racing, but once I prerode a bit of the trail, I realized how mentally drained I really was. I don't think I've spent enough time alone lately and that tends to wear on me after a while...especially when you work in the mental health field. I probably could have raced, but I just didn't have the mental capacity to muster up the courage to concqur the really big rocks on this course. So to stay on the safe side, I took on the water girl status for the day.
I was proud of myself for saying no to the race, but I was pretty frustrated about not being able to get my head in the game. It feels so great to accomplish something like a mountian bike race and prove to yourself you can handle tough stuff. On the other hand, it feels pretty pathetic to have the physical strength but have to back out because of something in your head. But, sometimes I really need to be humbled, and this was a good way to be put in check.
Last night I got to get back to our Camp Alexander Trails. I got to show a newbie the trail and once I was by msyelf I took several minutes off my average lap time. It was nice to prove to myself again that I'm not a wimp haha
This weekend is our 100 Miles To Nowhere fundraiser where a few of us will ride on bikes in place for 100 miles to raise money for the LiveStrong Foundation. Should be a fun time. I might be tired afterward.
Monday I fly to California to my Dad's house to stay w/my family for 2 weeks. I'm really looking forward to the break in the craziness. I mean, they're crazy too ;) but it's different.
Once I get back, the Aquatics Center opens for the summer and I have one week to move out of my apartment and to a new pad and I immediately start internship back up and some summer school classes. Again, you can see why I'm looking forward to the 2 weeks out of state.
One thing I have learned in my many years of college: it always gets done. It's just a matter of getting there! I can make it...

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Hey Tough Chick I don't think I ever got to say Thanks for being my water girl, i owe you!!
Can't wait until we do a race togetherT-To everyone else BEWARE!!