4.21.2010

race #2


well this weekend i went to my 2nd mountain bike race. it was called the bone bender in smithville, mo. it was a 3 or 6 hour endurance race...which ended up being a 4 hour race for me since i was in the middle of a lap at 3 hours lol. that was the point i really wanted someone to come pick me up cause i was sick of being on that stupid bike! (i had a heart to heart with my bike and later took back those words)

really i enjoyed it alot. i did cramp up for most of my first lap...which was probably my fault for not being hydrated well enough last week. so at my pit stop i downed a bunch of pickle juice...you think i'm crazy but it's wonderful and workds! on the way out for my second lap my little friend donovan wanted me to wait on him, but i quickly reminded him i wasn't going to be last. he argued with me, but i won by leaving without him. (i also later apologized to donovan for yelling at him and then leaving him in the dust)

that lap would have been wonderful butttttt the guys who were actually fast started to lap me in places on the trail that were too tight for me not to just hop off the bike and wait...for a long time! i ended up walking quite a bit because of that, which was really frustrating, but i made friends with the 13 year old kid (yes, i was keeping pace with a 13 year old), and cheered on the guys who looked like they were tired and needed the cheerleading :) dang, i shoulda been passing out my number...why do i always have good ideas in retrospect? lol

bobby says i placed somewhere in the middle of my class...i think he was a little fuzzy in the brain when he looked at that but anywho, i had fun and rode alot longer and harder than i have on a technical trail like that so i was proud of myself.

school is currently attempting to kill me one day at a time. really i only have 2 more weeks, but i'm just spent. not to mention i'm pretty tired from spinning and then racing...ie: i tried to drive my car yesterday without starting it. brilliant. i also got the giggles in class tonight and got in trouble...i don't know if it's ever happened, but i think i very well could have gotten a detention in grad school!

but, only a little over 2 weeks till california w/the fam and that'll be just what i need.

peace out girl scouts!

2 comments:

Andrea said...

I'm so glad I found your blog. I will be reading and watching what you are up to girl!
Sounds like you had a great weekend. I admire your endurance, and wish you well these last two weeks of school. Hang in there! You can do it!!

said...

hahahhaha. I would love to see you get in trouble in grad school. That is amazing.
And great job on the race!! You look super cool.
Jason (Huebner) and I have a silly proposition for you: Christian Challenge staff wants to go on a bike trail/bonding experience together, but we don't really know where to go...maybe you could show us sometime? After school is over of course.