4.17.2011

welcome to crazyville

this has been an intense week. who knew being engaged would send time into a spin and you wouldn't know which way was up? we've gotten all the big details planned, i got my dress :) and i've successfully created major drama in my family. well, i'm sure i'm not the one who created it, my wedding just happens to be the catalyist of crazyville and my family thinking it's their day. course, i can't say it's my day or i'll be labled a bride-zilla. i've been really thankful for the people in my life who've been supportive of whatever decision i make. they have NO IDEA how much it means to me! not to mention how patient joe is. i'm more thankful for him every day.

i have this habit of getting sick when i'm stressed out. so guess who's sick? i tried to lay low this week, but i had to take the national counselor's exam yesterday so i was kind on edge all week. i think it went pretty well, so thanks for all of you who prayed for me. but who knows, i can't make any assumptions till i have my results in 6 weeks.

i had registered to race at the bone bender today thinking it would be an awesome stress reliever. it would have been if i hadn't woken up last night terrified because i wasn't able to catch my breath several times and had to cough it out. i shouldn't have pre-registered, but oh well, maybe they'll refund me. if not, it's not the end of the world.

we have, however set a date! november 5th, 2011! we didn't want to do it any later because of weather and holidays, and any earlier would be financially impossible, so that's what we picked. the awesomest thing is i've realized november 5th is a memorable day for several reasons: if you've seen v for vendetta, the key phrase repeated in the movie was "remember remember the 5th of november", and, my personal favorite, back to the future's flux capacitor day of 1955! memorable our day will be for sure.

school gets out in 4 weeks and i'm almost done with all my assignments. being done with school is kind of a crazy concept since i've been in school for 20 out of 27 years of my life. i'm really looking forward to it though.

until then we press on! and who knows, maybe i'll get better soon and get to ride my bike :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I have so many great ideas for a Back to the Future themed wedding...but I'll be supportive of whatever you choose. It's your day, after all.

Just one: "Power of Love" by Huey Lewis as your recessional.

Unknown said...

lol YES! if anything it'll totally be in our dance playlist. thought about the soundtrack from v for vendetta, but figured it'd be a little too doom and gloomy :)